Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lyudmyla Symochko
Speech Topic: “Food security and human health as the main aspects of sustainable development”
Biography: Lyudmyla Symochko got her Master’s degree in Ecology and Environment Protection in 2000. Doctor’s degree (Ph.D.) by Specialty – 03.00.16 Ecology in 2005. She is Associate Professor since 2008. Professional Career: Prof. Assoc., Dr., a lecturer at the Faculty of Biology, Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine. Symochko Lyudmyla – a specialist in environmental microbiology and ecology. Since 2008 she has focused on autecology and synecology researches of soil and water microbiota. Explores the soil resistome and the role of natural and transformed ecosystems as a reservoir of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms. She is developing new and improving existing methods of bioindication and bioremediation. Helds microbiological monitoring in different types of ecosystems. Detects antibiotic-resistant opportunistic pathogens in the environment and provide they risk assessment to human health. Author of over 150 scientific publications, including 5 books. Participant and co-organizer of numerous international congresses and conferences. Member of the editorial board of 9 International scientific journals.
BRIEF PROFESSIONAL CV
|Name: Lyudmyla Symochko
Data of Birth: 24.06.1977
Business Address: 88000, Ukraine, Uzhhorod, Voloshyna str.32, r.117
Education: Master’s degree in Ecology and Environment Protection (2000);
Doctor’s degree (PhD) by Specialty – 03.00.16 Ecology (2005);
Professor Assoc. in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation ………………………………………………………………………..(2008)
Professional Career: Professor Assoc., Dr. Faculty of Biology;
RD&E Center of Molecular Microbiology and Mucosal Immunology, Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine (lecturer and senior researcher);
Institute of Agroecology and Environmental Management (NAAS), Kyiv, Ukraine (principal researcher).
Fields of Activity:
- – Microbial Ecology of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems;
- – Ecology of soil microorganisms in different ecosystems (agroecosystems, virgin forests, wetland…);
- – Influence of plants, including herbs on formation of soil microbial cenosis;
- – Natural and transformed ecosystems as reservoirs of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms;
- – Soil resistome;
- – Food security;
- – Climate change;
- – Ecological education;
- – Innovative technologies in environmental education.
Practical Experience (scientific research):
2001-2004 Laboratory of Microbial Ecology, Institute of Agroecology and Biotechnology UAAS (Kyiv)
2005-2011 Microbiological Laboratory of Biological Faculty UzhNU (Uzhhorod)
2011-Present RD&E Center of Molecular Microbiology and Mucosal Immunology (Uzhhorod)
- – Soil biodiversity: measurements, indicators, threats and soil functions.
- – Autoecology and synecology research of microbiota of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- – Microbiological monitoring of soils in different types of ecosystems in the Carpathian region.
- – Developing new and improving existing methods of bioindication and biological testing the edaphotops in different biogeocenoses and detecting microorganisms, producers of phytostymulating and phytoinhybiting metabolites.
- – Study the role of natural and transformed ecosystems as reservoirs of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms.
- – Held bio-contaminant to determine the sensitivity to a wide range of antibiotics and detect antibiotic-resistant opportunistic pathogens and risk assessment and getting them into the body with foods.
Publications: author of over 150 scientific publications, incl. 65 in professional journals.
Participant and co-organizer of numerous international congresses and conferences.
Member of the editorial board of scientific journals:
- -«American Journal of BioScience» (USA) www.sciencepublishinggroup.com
- -«Journal of Earth Science and Engineering» (USA) www.davidpublisher.org
- -«EC Microbiology» (USA) www.ecronicon.com/microbiology-articles.php
- -«International journal of ecosystems and ecology science (IJEES)» (USA) http://ijees.net/index.php
- -«Journal of International Environmental Application and Science (JIEAS)» (Turkey) https://dergipark.org.tr/jieas/board
- -«Acta Scientific Microbiology (ASM)» (USA) www.actascientific.com/ASMI-EB.php
- -«Annals of Immunology & Immunotherapy» (AII) (USA) https://medwinpublishers.com/AII/editorial-board.php
- -«International Journal of Food Science and Agriculture» (USA) https://www.hillpublisher.com/journals/jsfa
- -«Agroecological Journal» (Ukraine)
- «ECO-MICROBIOLOGICAL MONITORING OF VARIOUS TYPES ECOSYSTEMS OF THE CARPATHIAN REGION», № SR 0116U003331, (2015-2018);
- «BIOLOGICAL DISINFECTANTS AND PREVENTION OF BIOFILMS FORMATION», № SR 0115U001109, (2015-2016);
- «EFFECTS OF FLUOROQUINOLONE ANTIBIOTIC ON PLANTS GROWTH, MICROBIAL COMMUNITY STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN SOIL», №18032, SAIA, (Slovak Academic Information Agency), (2017);
- «SCIENTIFIC AND METHODOLOGICAL BASES OF OPTIMIZATION OF SOIL MICROBIOME IN AGROECOSYSTEMS», № SR 0116U000744, (2016-2018);
- «IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW APPROACHES IN THE CREATION AND USE OF MODERN PHARMABIOTICS», № SR 0117U000379, (2017-2019);
- «GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGES AND SUSTAINABLE AGROECOSYSTEMS IN UKRAINE», № SR 0116U001382, (2016-2020).
-Chairman of the of the International Association of Universities Environmentalists http://iaue.org/
-Member of SOMED (Society for Microbial Ecology and Disease) http://www.somed.nu/
-Member of Ukrainian Society for Microbiology http://www.imv.kiev.ua/index.php/uk/tovarystvo
-Member of Belgian Society for Microbiology https://belsocmicrobio.be/about-us/
Languages: ukrainian, english, russian, lithuanian.